- What is the DACFP Learning Center?
The DACFP Learning Center is an online resource that helps you learn about blockchain and digital assets. It’s the home of the CBDA program – Certified in Blockchain and Digital Assets – which is listed in the FINRA database of professional designations. The DACFP Learning Center also hosts other courses and content provided by DACFP.
- Is DACFP accredited or licensed by any organization?
DACFP’s courses, including its CBDA Designation, are approved to award Continuing Education credits by the Certified Financial Planning Board of Standards, the Investments and Wealth Institute and the CFA Institute. FINRA also lists the CBDA designation in its database of professional designations.DACFP is endorsed by the CFP Board of Standards, Investment Adviser Association, Money Management Institute, Investments and Wealth Institute, Financial Planning Association, National Association of Professional Financial Advisors, XY Planning Network, and is the official crypto education partner for Schwab, Fidelity and others.
- What is the CBDA Designation?
The Certificate in Blockchain and Digital Assets is listed as a professional designation by FINRA. This means you are entitled to use the CBDA designation – Certified in Blockchain and Digital Assets – just like other professional designations, such as CPA, CFA and CFP®. As with all designations, consult your compliance department regarding usage.
- When can I use the CBDA Designation?
Once you complete one of the tracks in the CBDA program, you are entitled to use the CBDA designation.
- Why should I take this course?
Crypto represents the first new asset class in 170 years. (The last time an asset class was introduced was the discovery of oil in the 1850s.)This innovative technology, widely regarded as “Internet 3.0”, is projected to impact commerce on a global scale – allowing businesses to operate faster, cheaper and safer than ever. The resulting financial planning and investment implications demand attention.This is why you need to become fluent in crypto, and the fastest, easiest and most effective way to do so is to obtain your CBDA designation. By doing so, you’ll become knowledgeable about crypto, and displaying your Certification will let you promote your achievement with your clients and prospective clients – helping you build your career.
So, whether you’re in the financial services industry, a member of the crypto community, or among the crypto-curious, you’ll gain many benefits by learning about this new and innovative technology.
- How much knowledge about crypto do I need in order to benefit from this course?
None. The CBDA program begins with introductory modules before delving into more advanced sessions. Whether you are a compliance officer holding a law degree or merely “crypto curious,” you’ll benefit from this extensive and enlightening course.
- Will my firm’s compliance team approve this course?
Each organization establishes its own policies. That said, the CBDA designation is listed on the FINRA database on professional designations, and the course is endorsed by the CFP Board of Standards, Investment Adviser Association, Money Management Institute, Investments and Wealth Institute, Financial Planning Association, National Association of Professional Financial Advisors, XY Planning Network and many others. DACFP is also the official crypto education partner for Charles Schwab, Fidelity and many other financial services firms.
We are happy to talk with your Legal & Compliance team about the course. No firm would prevent you from taking the course; the only question is whether you’re allowed to publicly display the CBDA designation.
- My firm does not allow us to do anything with crypto. Why should I take this course?
It doesn’t matter if your firm allows you to recommend crypto to clients. Many of your clients own crypto, and many others are curious about it. The CBDA course gives you the knowledge you need about crypto tax, estate planning and risk management issues so you can be of greater service to your clients.
By completing the course, you’ll also learn how to become aware of your clients outside investments in crypto so you can adjust your financial planning and investment recommendations accordingly. None of this has anything to do with recommending crypto; rather it’s about enabling you to be of greater value and service to your clients. It’s hard to imagine that any corporate executive would object to your desire to increase your knowledge about personal finance and investment management.
- I don’t live in the U.S. Can I take the course?
Yes. An Ex-US Track is available in nine languages: Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), English, French, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese and Spanish. Crypto is a global technology and used worldwide. So far, individuals from 37 countries have attained their CBDA designation.
- Is there an application process?
No. To get started, simply choose your track and select the ADVANCED or BASIC course.
- Can multiple members of my organization take the course together?
Group discounts are available. However, students enroll individually, and one CBDA designation is awarded per enrollment.
- What are the benefits of group enrollment?
Your organization can receive a tuition discount, saving everyone money. Contact email@example.com to learn more.
- Are there any prerequisites to taking the course?
- When does the course start?
The course starts when you enroll. The program is online, self-study and self-paced. You can complete the entire program in a weekend, or you can take an entire year to finish. Most people complete the program in less than two weeks.
- Do you keep the content up-to-date?
Yes. The course debuted in 2021 and was last revised in March 2023. The next update will be released in Q2 2024. In the meantime, we publish additional online courses with new content, all of which is free for those enrolled in the CBDA program.
- How do the tracks differ?
Each track is tailored to needs of five audiences:
• [Financial Advisor Track] – This is the track you want if you’re serving clients.
• [Financial Professional Track] – If you’re in the financial services industry but not client-facing, this track is for you.
• [Crypto Professional Track] – If you’ve recently joined a crypto company, or want to, this track will get you trained quickly so you can become productive faster!
• [Consumer/Investor/Student Track] – This is everyone’s opportunity to learn about crypto!
• [Ex-US Track] – If you work in the financial services industry outside the U.S., this one’s for you.
Plus, each of the above tracks offers a Basic Course that provides foundational knowledge, and an Advanced Course if you want to learn even more. Click any of the above links for complete details.
- If I sign up for the Basic course, can I later switch to Advanced?
Yes. If you start with the Basic track and later decide you want to enroll in the Advanced track, we will credit 75% of your Basic tuition to your Advanced tuition. You’ll save money by enrolling initially in the Advanced track.
- If I sign up for one track, can I later switch to a different track?
Yes. If you decide to switch to a different track, we will credit 75% of your tuition to the other track.
- If I complete one track, can I later enroll in a different track and get a discount?
Yes. Your additional enrollment must use the same contact information as your original enrollment. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- How do you distinguish between a financial advisor and a financial professional?
Financial advisors directly serve clients. Financial professionals are those working in the financial services industry but are not client-facing. Examples include those working in compliance, HR, sales and marketing, and Investment Committee professionals, as well as C-suite and Board members.
- Can I purchase a single module without enrolling into the entire course?
No. The modules in the CBDA course are only available to those enrolled in the program. However, we do offer [separate courses] [link to that page] on a variety of crypto topics. All the separate courses are available at no cost to those enrolled in the CBDA course. If you are not enrolled, these individual classes are $299 each.
- What happens if I don’t finish the course?
You have one year to complete the CBDA course. If you don’t finish, you’d need to re-enroll and start again. Most students complete the course within two weeks.
- Are discounts or scholarships available?
Yes. Dozens of organizations have arranged for their advisors, employees or members to receive a discount when enrolling in the CBDA course.
There is also a 100% Tuition Scholarship available to qualified financial advisors. [See if you qualify.]
[link to https://mailchi.mp/dacfp.com/etf-think-tank-scholarships]
- Do you offer any organizational discounts?
Yes. Many organizations have discovered that they can use the CBDA program to get their team fluent in crypto quickly, easily and inexpensively. And we’re happy to provide a group discount.
Many firms obtain group discounts so they can provide free enrollments to advisors, creating goodwill and generating sales. Contact email@example.com to learn how the CBDA Designation can help build your business.
- Do you offer a White Label Program?
Yes. We can create a customized course for your organization to fit your needs – anything from 3-minute segments to a comprehensive 18-hour program – under your brand and logo. You can use this White Label Program to train your staff or to support a marketing campaign that attracts new business! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Can I purchase the course as a gift?
Yes. Contact email@example.com to learn more.
- What form of payment do you accept?
Individual enrollments are paid via credit card. Group purchases are invoiced. We don’t accept crypto because the people taking the course don’t yet know how to pay that way!
- Is financial assistance available?[Scholarships] are available to qualifying financial advisors.[link to https://mailchi.mp/dacfp.com/etf-think-tank-scholarships]
- What web browser do you recommend for viewing the course?
You should use Chrome or Microsoft Edge (formerly Internet Explorer).
- What devices can I use to access the course?
We recommend accessing the course via your desktop or laptop computer. You can also access the course via mobile or tablet platforms.
- Are the videos downloadable?
No. You must have internet access to access the course.
- How do I enroll?
Select your course at the DACFP Learning Center and follow the easy online payment process.
- I have enrolled. How do I access the course?
You can access the modules 24/7 by visiting the DACFP Learning Center.
- Must I complete the modules in a specific order?
No. However, for best comprehension, we recommend you view the modules in the sequence presented.
- Once I enroll, how soon can I start?
- How long does the course take to complete?
The CBDA program is online, self-study and self-paced. You can complete the entire program in a weekend, or take a more leisurely pace over an entire year. Most people complete the program in less than two weeks. You must complete the course within one year of enrolling.
- Do I have to pass a test?
Yes. You’ll take a quiz upon completion of each module, and you must score 70% or higher to proceed to the next module. If you don’t pass, you simply re-take the quiz. You must pass all the quizzes to become Certified and earn your CE credits.
- Will I earn college credit?
- Do I have to complete the course within a certain period?
Yes. Your enrollment expires after one year.
- How long can I display my CBDA designation?Your designation is valid for one year following successful completion of the course. You will then be invited to complete an online Update Course, which will provide you with additional CE credit and entitle you to continue promoting your CBDA designation for another full year. You’ll also have continued access to all of DACFP’s additional content for 12 months. The fee for completing the Update Course is $249.
- Will I receive a physical certificate that I can display in my office?
Yes. Shortly after earning your CBDA designation, you will be able to download a PDF of your Certificate that you can print and frame. Instructions on how to download can be found [here] [link: https://support.credly.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026639872-Can-I-download-and-print-my-badge-certificate-].
- Do you provide me with a digital badge that I can display on LinkedIn?
Yes. Upon attainment of your CBDA designation, you will receive an email from Credly that shows you how to easily post your badge on your LinkedIn profile and other social media accounts.
- Do you offer Continuing Education credits?
Yes, for the CFP®, CFA, CIMA®, CPWA®, CIMC®, and RMA® designations. Depending on the track you select, and whether you choose the Advanced or Basic programs, you’ll earn 12 to 18 CE credits for completing the Certificate course, as shown in the chart below.
Even if you don’t need CE credits, you’ll benefit from the education you obtain.
- How do I receive my CE credits?
If you hold the CFP designation: Be sure to list your CFP Board ID in your User Profile. We’ll submit your CE credits to the CFP Board for you, within two weeks of your completing the course. If you don’t receive word about your CE credits from the CFP Board after two weeks, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you hold the CFA, CIMA®, CPWA®, CIMC® or RMA® designations: Upon completion of the Certificate course, you may report CE credit yourself.
- I can’t access the videos.
Check your internet connection, and your browser and browser extensions. You may need to restart your device or perform a Windows update.
- I forgot my username or password.
If you forget your username or password, you can reset them by visiting the DACFP Learning Center and:
1. in the top right corner, select “Login”
2. Click “Forgot Password”
- Are refunds available?
Yes. You can obtain a 100% refund within 30 days of purchase, subject to a 3.5% processing fee. No refund is provided if any course content has been viewed. Send refund requests to email@example.com.
- If I have questions about the course content, can I contact the faculty?
You’re welcome to engage with DACFP via LinkedIn and Twitter. You can also send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What if I have other questions about the DACFP Learning Center or the CBDA course?
We’re happy to help. Send your questions to email@example.com.